Position: SQL DBA with Build Engineer experience
Location: Pune, India
Job Type: Full-time
Start Date: Immediate
This is a full-time position for an experienced SQL DBA with Build Engineer specializing. You will be working out of Pune location. You are a passionate technologist & a geek, who has extremely strong application design fundamentals. You love playing with the latest and greatest frameworks that are there and take pride in quality and agility. You are a smart coder more than an idealist. If interested, please send your resume with expected salary.
Responsibilities and Duties
- The SQL Server DBA will be responsible for the implementation, configuration, maintenance, and performance of critical SQL Server RDBMS systems, to ensure the availability and consistent performance of our corporate applications.
- This is a “hands-on” position requiring solid technical skills, as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for the development and sustainment of the SQL Server Warehouse, ensuring its operational readiness (security, health and performance), executing data loads, and performing data modelling in support of multiple development teams.
- Must be capable of working independently and collaboratively.
- Manage SQL Server databases through multiple product lifecycle environments, from development to mission-critical production systems.
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security.
- Apply data modelling techniques to ensure development and implementation support efforts meet integration and performance expectations
- Independently analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end.
- Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes
- Assist developers with complex query tuning and schema refinement.
- Provide 24×7 support for critical production systems.
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours.
- Share domain and technical expertise, providing technical mentorship and cross-training to other peers and team members
- Develop and maintain build platforms, packaging, deployment, testing and releases.
- Research new improvements to framework build, packaging and deployment.
- Resolve build issues.
- Customize source code, coordinate code changes, and bug tracking tools.
- Manage source code, change control, configuration management, and build deployment activities
Skills and Qualifications
- 5 to 8 years MS SQL Server Administration experience required
- Experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools
- Experience with backups, restores and recovery models
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server
- Experience working with Windows server, including Active Directory
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Flexible, team player, “get-it-done” personality
- Ability to organize and plan work independently
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to multi-task and context-switch effectively between different activities and teams
MCTS, MCITP, and/or MVP certifications a plus